An easy to make muffin that is not only healthy and allergen friendly (leave out the nuts if you’re nut-free) but healthy to boot! Grab that muffin pan and get baking. You know you want to! 😉
G/F Vegan Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
· 2 Cups Bob’s Red Mill G/F 1 to 1 Baking Flour
· 1 tsp. salt
· 1 TBS baking powder
· 1 TBS pumpkin pie spice
· ¾ cup chopped walnuts (if desired)
· ½ to ¾ cup non-dairy milk
· 1 flax “egg” (1 TBS ground flaxseed combined with 3 TBS water)
· 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
· 1 TBS. no added sugar almond butter
· 1/3 cup softened coconut oil (or Earth Balance or your desired oil)
· 1 cup canned pumpkin
· 1 finely chopped apple + 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 TBS G/F flour mix, 1 TBS firm coconut oil, 3 TBS brown sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Mix w/ fork or lightly with fingers.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 12 portion muffin pan with coconut oil (or your desired oil)
- In small bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and nuts. Set aside.
- In large bowl mix together all remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir with a spoon just until completely blended. If it seems too dry, add more milk. DO NOT over-mix- you want a soft muffin with height.
- Spoon batter evenly into pan and top with streusel. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from pan, cool on cooling rack and enjoy!