Pumpkin Raisin Spice Muffins
- 1 ½ cup white flour (use g/f baking mix blend for gluten-free)
- ½ cup oat flour (or finely ground oats)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (omit if desired)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. nutmeg (fresh grated if possible)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half&half (or dairy-free substitute if making vegan)
- 2 eggs (or 2 chia or flaxseed “eggs” if making vegan)
- 1 tsp fresh grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup melted butter (or vegan substitute)
- 1 15oz can pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 12 portion muffin pan.
2. In large bowl combine flours, sugars, salt, baking powder, baking soda, spices, raisins and nuts. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs lightly with a fork and then use a spoon or whisk to mix together all remaining ingredients until well blended.
4. Pour over your dry ingredients and stir with a heavy spoon JUST until completely blended. Do not over-mix.
5. Spoon batter evenly into muffin pan. Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan, cool on cooling rack and enjoy!
*LA Holmberg recipes*