I’m a muffin lover and will attempt to turn anything into muffin form since muffins are easy to pack and go. These make a great take along for any party or picnic, and they’re nutritious to boot! If you wish to make them non-vegan, use egg and dairy in place of the chia and non-dairy. If white flour is the only flour on hand, use 2 cups total of that in place of the other flours. Anything goes! Nuts aren’t included in the following recipe, but they make an excellent addition. My youngest, who is not a fan of nuts, will tell you I always say that. Actually, I probably do! These are delicious with some chopped pecans folded in. Then again, what isn’t? 😉
Vegan Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
VEGAN MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
recipe by LA Holmberg
· 1 cup white or wheat flour (or use a gluten-free flour to make recipe g/f)
· 1/4 cup oat flour
· ¼ cup almond meal
· ¼ cup coconut flour
· ½ tsp. salt
· 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
· 2/3 cup Enjoy Life (or any vegan variety) mini chocolate chips
· ½ to 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
· 1 chia or flax *egg*
· scant 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 TBS no sugar added almond butter
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 24 portion mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
2. In small bowl combine flours, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
3. In large bowl mix together all remaining ingredients with a hand mixer until well blended.
4. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir with a spoon just until completely blended. The batter may be slightly lumpy. Do not over-mix. If it seems too dry, add a little more non-dairy milk.
5. Spoon batter evenly into pan and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from pan, cool on cooling rack and enjoy!
VARIATIONS: *To make 12 full-size blueberry muffins with this recipe, substitute 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries for the chocolate chips. Bake 20-22 minutes at 400 in a greased 12 portion muffin pan.
*For egg substitute using chia seeds or flax: Stir 3 TBS water into 1 TBS chia seeds or flax in separate bowl. Let sit for a few minutes before adding to recipe. *
Loved your yum recipe 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, So glad you enjoyed and there’s more where that came from!
LikeLiked by 1 person